Beginner to advanced adult courses
NIDA offers a range of short courses and experiences for Adults across the spectrum of dramatic arts disciplines including Acting, Presenting, Music Theatre, Directing, Writing, Design, Technical Theatre and Stage Management.
Whether you’re looking for a taste of something you’ve always been interested in, or you are ready for a rigorous approach to prepare you for a career in the arts, we have flexible training options to suit your level and interest. Our programs are designed to reflect current practices and trends in the industry, drawing on the expertise of active, highly skilled and passionate teaching artists and practitioners.
Pick a course to suit your level:
- Beginner– These courses will teach you fundamental techniques. No previous experience required.
- Intermediate – These courses develop and extend your existing skills. Previous training or experience required.
- Advanced – These courses cover complex techniques within a professional practice model. Previous training and experience is required.
Intermediate and Advanced courses
- Residencies – Residencies take place in January and June each year over 2-4 weeks in Sydney. Residencies are in Acting and Musical Theatre and entry is by selection. Apply now
- Studios – Classes are delivered on weekends over six or 12 months in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne across multiple disciplines. Entry by audition or interview. Apply now
NIDA short courses for adults run regularly in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and periodically across Australia. See all our locations to find when a course will be running near you.
Book early and receive a 10% earlybird discount. Hover over course cost to see if earlybird discount applies.
What people are saying about adult short courses
‘A very professional, engaging, experienced and focused tutor. Jam packed with a variety of strategies, activities and techniques.’
Stephanie Brown – Voice Essentials
'It was such a thrill to study at NIDA, it met all my expectations and was thoroughly enjoyable.'
Kate Filipovic – Set Design Essentials
'My favourite part was having the opportunity to perform prepared monologues before a small audience and receiving personalised feedback, as well as a detailed discussion of steps toward professional representation.'
Ron Densley – Audition Essentials
'An excellent teacher who was able to effectively communicate key basics in a short amount of time. He was supportive of all levels of experience and confidence of the students without compromising the level of content. He gave honest, specific and constructive feedback and kept the mood of the class light and fun. I really enjoyed the course and found it personally useful.'
Acting Essentials participant