Explore your creativity with NIDA’s term classes. Designed specifically for children and young people, NIDA offers a fun and supportive learning environment that unlocks creative potential and builds confidence.
NIDA offers introductory through to advanced courses for children and young people during the school term in a variety of disciplines including creative play, drama, acting on screen, music theatre, singing & acting, public speaking and more.
Term classes are offered on weekends or afternoons in:
- Sydney (Kensington, Chatswood, Bella Vista and Parramatta)
What term class is right for me
Term classes require no previous experience, you can join any class at the beginning of any term or book all four terms.
Classes are based on ‘grades,’ which refers to what grade you are in at school.
Search for a term class for your age
Looking for a more advanced class?
If you have some experience and are looking for a more challenging class during term, we offer:
- Next Stage for Grades 4-10 (Sydney and Brisbane)
- Performance Lab for Grades 7-10 (Sydney)
- Young Studio courses for 15-18 year olds (Sydney Brisbane and Melbourne)
Book four weeks before the course start date and receive a 10% earlybird discount.
- Sydney classes run 29 April–25 June
- Melbourne and Brisbane classes run 29 April–18 June
- Sydney classes run 29 July–21 September
- Melbourne and Brisbane classes run 22 July–10 September
- Sydney and Melbourne classes run 14 October–7 December
- Brisbane classes run 14 October–3 December
NIDA also offers classes in the school holidays for children and young people across Australia, see all the locations where we hold classes. Book Holiday classes 4 weeks before the course commencement date for earlybird discount.