Children & young people at NIDA
NIDA is committed to, and takes responsibility for, providing a creative environment that is inclusive, encouraging and safe for all children and young people who engage in our programs across Australia. Our courses allow children and young people to explore and develop their unique creative potential under the guidance and leadership of our experienced staff and tutors.
We provide this environment by:
- Maintaining a Policy for the Protection of Children and Young People. This policy is supported by best practice procedure and is reviewed annually.
- As a member of Early Childhood Australia, NIDA takes professional responsibility for the protection and wellbeing of children in our courses and is an advocate for the importance of creativity in early childhood education.
- NIDA clearly defines what children, young people and parents can expect from their experience in our programs through the articulation of NIDA’s Values and Expectations for Children and Young People.
- We only employ appropriately trained and experienced industry professionals with a passion for teaching children and young people.
- NIDA provides ongoing training to teaching staff through regular professional development.
- All staff in child related employment hold a relevant Working With Children Check or equivalent police background check.
You can find out more in our policies and guidelines below.
- NIDA Policy for the Protection of Children and Young People
- Values and Expectations Children and Young People at NIDA